Friday, October 10, 2008

Skype!

Thanks to Ms. Evans, the new Blackboard administrator at SPC for showing me this piece of technology!

Skype was founded in 2003 by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis. Skype created a piece of software that makes communicating with people around the world easy and fun. With Skype you can say hello or share a laugh with anyone, anywhere. And if both of you are on Skype, it’s free.

Skype is available in 28 languages and is used in almost every country around the world. Skype generates revenue through its premium offerings such as making and receiving calls to and from landline and mobile phones, as well as voicemail and call forwarding.

Give it a try!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Skype is amazing..I studied abroad for 2 months last summer...and it saveed my life! haha . It's so easy to use. The only bad part, it comes with tons of viruses, so be careful!

Mark Rindfuss said...

After reading Katie's post I might stay away for d/l Skype. It sounds a lot like facebook or myspace. Is it?

Dr. Luongo said...

Mark,

It is a phone program...not really like Myspace. You can download the program and use it to call people overseas, etc... using your computer.

Maybe Katie can talk more about using it...

Violeta said...

I agree that Skype is really wonderful! I use Skype and I hope not to encounter all those virus problems. I love the video call PC to PC but what is neat is you can do conference call so you can talk to a few people at one time while video calling. Skype has a lot of other features such as the Skype Credit where, as far as I understand it, allows you to call on ordinary phone or mobile phone anywhere and the costs are similar to the phone cards.